WhiteOptics® develops and manufactures a unique line of energy efficiency enabling reflector and micro-structured optics technologies for the commercial lighting industry. We seek to enable affordable, ultra-efficient LED lighting designs and transform traditional lighting options with our advanced technology.
Leveraging a DuPont-originated film technology, WhiteOptics® was formed in 2009 to deliver efficiency enabling components to the lighting industry. With the help of a 2010 U.S. Department of Energy Solid State Lighting Core Technology Research grant, WhiteOptics® worked in conjunction with the University of Delaware to further enhance our product performance and manufacturing techniques.
Today, we offer a comprehensive line of optical films, composites and advanced coatings for luminaire manufacturers and an array of high performance retrofit solutions. WhiteOptics became part of Acuity Brands in 2019.
What We Do
Our materials can be used across multiple lighting applications to:
- Increase light output and/or achieve same light output with fewer LEDs
- Increase lighting efficiency
- Lower build cost
- Improve optical aesthetics
- Help extend luminaire lifetime by reducing system temperatures
- Provide optical control without costly tooling or design
- Reduce fixture glare or UGR